Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Choco lava cake - Sinfully delicious :) :) :)

Hi everyone!! Happy New year to everyone!!! As I said I'm back.. Back with a bang should be true.. As the post is on Choco lava cake........... OMG!! I jus couldn't stop myself think of it... The very word makes me crave for it..
I must say I'm not even a good beginner in baking.. But this recipe is an absolute fool proof..

Now I have a story for this too.. OK.. I know what you think.. Not that big, just a small flash back. My brother and I are the only choco lovers at home. Rather he was the one who loved it first, and made me follow him. We(he) would love to try all choco cakes, and in that way we tried the choco lava once with our pizza from dominoes, yummmmmmmmm... is jus not enough to describe it. And for those who love chocolate and cakes, it's the ultimate dish you would ever dream of, as it's the combination of both.
I'm kind of cook who would love to try something new, and will always want to get an appreciation, maybe all are like that. But, many a times my bro, won't even try what i make, even if he did, I have never pleased him. So, the minute I had the Choco lava cake, I thought I should give this a try, And then I thought to myself, "You don't bake a normal, chocolate cake properly, and now you want to try this????" The voice was true. When a normal sponge cake don't come good, how could I ever try an Extraordinary dish??? But I jus searched online for the recipe (How much courage should I have to do that?)
And then I found out this recipe from Showmecurry.com. It was a quite simple dish to my surprise. And then immediately started preparing(now this is not true, started getting the things ready) Since I was a beginner(even less than that) had no molds or trays to bake the cake, so, started getting them.
So now that's the end of the flash back. Will tell you how to make this simple to make and great to taste cake :)

Here's what you got to get to make this:
  • 113 gms(4oz) - cooking chocolate
  • 113 gms (4oz) - Butter
  • 2 - Eggs
  • 1/3 cup - Sugar (5tbsp+1tsp)
  • 1/4 cup - Maida/All purpose flour/plain flour ( 4 tbsp)
And a small cup cake mold or any small mold to make a cake(in the metal to be kept in oven)

Here's how you make it:
  1. Melting the chocolate is the first step, you can do it, either in the oven or in a double boiler. The double boiler is always easier, as the oven may cook it more if you don't have an eye on it.
  2. When the chocolate is melted, take it out from the heat, add the butter to it and the hot chocolate will melt the butter, mix them together.
  3. When the chocolate and butter are mixed, add the sugar mix it and then the maida.
  4. Now the last one, egg, its a tricky part they say, as the heat may cook the eggs and you may get scrambled eggs, but adding it at the last reduces the risk and heating it in the double boiler reduces this risk too..
  5. Mix the eggs to the batter ( I can't call it a batter, as it tastes amazing even at this stage ;), but don't taste it more leaving nothing to bake), and that's it the batter to make the cake is ready.
  6. Grease the mold with butter and maida. And pour the batter in the molds. Not fully as you all know, jus to 3/4th of the cup would do, or even lesser.
  7. Preheat the oven at 180 degree celsius.
  8. Bake this for a time of about 5 mins. This can't be accurate, it depends on your way of having the delicacy and also the depth of the cup, if you what the chocolate to ooze a lot you could take it out once the other part looks cooked. This time can be found out through practice. Don worry it won't go waste at any cost.
Now the most expected delicacy CHOCO LAVA CAKE is ready to eat either with a scoop of vanilla icecream or just like that :) :)
The post may look a bit long, but not the process, do try it out and tell me about your experience.

Note:
  • The tbsp measures near the cups are given to those who want to convert or half the measure. I did the same the first time. Had a great time converting, so here its for you all without that effort.
  • The chocolates and butter here in India are sold mostly in grams than in ounces so have converted them too. (113 grams is jus a little more than 100 grams, you don't need to be sooo perfect at times)
  • And the picture above was taken in a hurry( you will know why, when you make it, you jus can't resist it) you could note the lava, its less in this, coz it's cooked a little more, i like it this way.
Hope you enjoyed the recipe, and will enjoy making them too.. sharing !!! See you all in the next post soon.

I am sending this to Cooking Concepts - Chocolate hosted by Srav and Chocolate - Mela hosted by Srivalli.


6 comments:

  1. i love choco lava cake.... following you, hey do check my first event http://yummyfoodintummy.blogspot.com/2011/08/life-is-green-my-first-foodie-event.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Shilpa.. Glad you like it.. Will check out your event and join in too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What do we if we don't have an oven at home.Can we use cooker?????if so hw much time shld I allow it to bake????

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Rini!!! sorry.. haven't tried it in a cooker before.. The trick is keeping the cake half cooked.. that is, cooking the outer layer alone.. just half the measure and try it out in a cooker.. And do tell me the results :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This lava cake looks so wonderful!! thanks for linking to the event !! Nice to know about you I am your happy follower !!

    Ongoing Event - CC-Chocolate Fest

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Sravs!!! Thank you so much for dropping in.. and following :)

    ReplyDelete